Monday 27 February 2012

Life After Death

Denise Lescano
Many, if not all of us, at times, struggle with the concept that those we lose to mortal death - including ourselves - could possible live on, elsewhere; that life is bigger than these short years we walk the earth.

The following is an excerpt from ‘The Messenger’, by professional psychic medium Denise Lescano. It’s the most heart-warming story I’ve read of contact from spirit, but also laugh-out-loud funny. It seems we take our sense of humour with us, too!

You can follow Denise at @DeniseLescano on Twitter and her website is at:



The Messengerby Denise Lescano

(Excerpt from Chapter 6)

As I mentioned earlier, this night produced a perfect example of a loved one on the spirit side making sure that his loved ones were going to get their message whether they wanted to or not. It is a story that I remember vividly.

A very attractive blonde haired, middle-aged woman sits on a chair in front of me and to my right. She is dressed conservatively and in very good taste, giving the impression by her visual presentation that she is likely a woman of some means. Her hair, nails and makeup are all done with great attention to detail, but I would not say overdone. Next to her, to her left, is a very good-looking and tall young man with blonde hair, golden suntanned skin and blue eyes. I estimate he must be about six feet, two inches and he seemed all the more tall walking in next to the petite woman who I have already deduced must be his mother. I will later find out in the reading that he is indeed her son and he is twenty-eight-years old.

As I give my usual prep speech to the group, I am very aware of his eyes, which are very intently focussed on me. He is studying me and I know that he is the sceptic that the spirits warned me about. I am also aware that he does not know what to make of the fact that I am an attractive, “normal” looking, and much younger than what he had expected. I am definitely not what he had imagined. Although I am quite certain he had no idea what to expect, I obviously don’t fit into any of his preconceived ideas of what a medium should look like. I actually get quite a kick out of this, am amused by his thoughts and am now looking forward to reading for him. I always love a good challenge and there is nothing more rewarding to me than to totally blow the mind of a sceptic.

In stark contrast, his mother feels to me very open and hopeful, as if she is looking forward to her reading. She will be much easier to read for because of this. It is obvious to me that her son’s energy is very protective and I know that he has come to do just that and protect his mother from me, from being taken for a ride and from disappointment. When Jane calls me the next day after speaking with the mother and son following the group, she validates that my suspicions were accurate. I know that he does not believe in me or that this whole thing is possible. When his mother told him that I was coming to her grief support group tonight, he became quite worried about her and her state of mind, which to him was obviously now in question. He came along with her, not with the intention of seeing if I was real, because he already knew, of course, that I wasn’t – but to protect his mom.

I pivot in my chair and turn to my right so that I am facing both of them; they are the last reading of the group that evening.

“Do you have a brother and son who passed?” I ask.

“Yes,” the mother replies.

I look at her son. “He is telling me that you two are twins. Are you twins, identical twins?”

He raises his eyebrows, nods and replies, “Yes, yes we are.”

“He is telling me that he passed in a car accident, is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“He is showing me a road somewhere in what looks to me to be out in the country. I believe in the northeastern part of the country, New Jersey or New York areas somewhere I think. It is two lanes and winds around through the woods. It is not mountainous, but it is rather hilly. It is nighttime and he is telling me that it was around one or two a.m. when he crashed. Is this all correct so far?”

His brother is staring intently at me at this point, leaning forward in his chair. He simply nods yes. “It was in New Jersey, actually.” He is still not convinced, but I am beginning to get his attention now.

“He is telling me the road was wet, slick after the rain, it had been raining. He had a few drinks but I would not say he feels like he was drunk, but maybe a little tired. He is the only one in the car and driving. He is showing me from his point of view in the car and I can see the road take a pretty sharp curve to the left and as he hits the curve the back wheels of the car slide out and fish tail. I see the car going off the right side of the road at the sharpest point of the curve. He was going too fast, the road was wet and he misses the turn. Does this all sound like what you know about that night?”

They both are silent and just nod yes.

“He shows me the car rolling over several times, as it rolls off the side of the road and down a sloped embankment.” I turn to look directly at his mom. “He wants you to know that he passed instantly, his neck snapped. He did not feel anything.” His mom starts weeping quietly; tears are running down her face. “He says you need to hear that because they did not find his car until the next morning and you had always worried that he had lain there all night in pain and dying. You were afraid he was trapped in the car. He is telling me the car looked like a crumpled piece of tinfoil. He says he wants you to know it was quick. He was out of his body before he even realised what had happened. He also wants you to know that your father, his grandpa came there to meet him.”

Her emotions are now like a dam breaking and I can see the relief on her face along with the streams of tears running down her cheeks.

“I am so sorry to go through all of these details about the accident with you again, but it is important that you know, so that you know it is really from him. I am not allowed to edit any messages that I am given,” I explain to both of them. “He is telling me that he was at the house with you when the sheriff came and knocked on the door. He is so sorry about that. He said it was horrible for you. He says the sheriff explained to you that just before the sun came up around 6 a.m. or so, someone driving by saw the headlights coming out of the trees and called it in.”

At this point the brother in spirit, who I will call Paul, is now standing behind me and speaking into my right ear. I find this to be very unusual because spirits will usually stand in front of me and behind their loved ones. Paul is very handsome like his brother and I am becoming aware that he has a very good sense of humour. He is speaking to me now and joking and teasing me. He says to me: “My brother wants proof. This will get him! Tell him that…”

I turn to look directly at his brother and say, “Paul is telling me that you have his wallet in your pocket right now and that it even has all of his things and his money still in it. He is telling me there is a gold poker chip inside of it that he kept from the trip to Vegas you went on together. He kept the chip for good luck. Do you have his wallet with you now?”

In that moment everything shifted. His brother’s jaw practically dropped to the floor and his face turned white as if he had actually seen a ghost. He slowly stood up without saying a word and reached into his back pocket to pull out his brother’s wallet with all of his things still in it, even the money, and most importantly the poker chip, which he pulls out of the wallet to show us all in the group. I was just as stunned as he was.

Every spirit communicates with me differently. Some show me pictures and images and it is like we are playing charades. Some will impress me with feelings and emotions, while others will quite literally speak to me in thoughts. Paul was one who showed me images, but also spoke to me and I could hear his words as clearly as I heard his mom’s and brother’s. In fact, it was really amazing how well he communicated with me.

His brother took a moment to compose himself and began to tell me that before he picked his mother up he put the wallet in his pocket. He told me that on the drive over to pick her up he spoke out loud to his brother and said, “Paul, if this is really you tonight, if this is really real, then I want you to tell me about the wallet.”

His mother was stunned. She looked at me and said, “I had no idea he had done that, “ and then looked back at her son in shock. Her face was filled with excitement not only for the proof that it was really Paul, but that she knew how much this had just impacted her living son.

Paul continues on to tell me, “Now tell them this…”

Looking at his brother, I ask, “Paul wants me to ask, do you remember when you and your brother were dating the two sisters just after high school and you decided to pretend you were the other brother for one night so you could switch dates?”

He immediately starts laughing and blushing and replies a little embarrassed and shaking his head back and forth in disbelief. “Yes, we did do that.”

His mother puts her hands to her face and I can see she is about to burst with excitement. I look at her, obviously waiting for her to share what it is that has her so excited.

“Well, when I was waiting at home for my son to pick me up, I was sitting with Paul’s picture in my hands, on the couch, and I asked out loud to Paul. I said, “Paul, if it is really you tonight, I want you to tell that very same story about you and your brother. That is just incredible, absolutely amazing! I cannot believe he came through with that. Wow!”

Now mind you, there are six other people in the group, as well as Jane, witnessing this reading. Not only did he bring through information that I could never had known, he also brought things through that there was no way Jane could have even known before the reading. Just in case there was still any doubt on his brother’s part that Jane and I were working together and she was feeding me information, the details that he brought through were brought to dismiss that suspicion. Again, I was just as amazed as everyone there that night and could hardly believe the words coming out of my own mouth. The reading continued on for about thirty more minutes as Paul brought through a lot more specific and detailed information about the family business that he, his brother and their dad all ran together. He even gave his brother some advice on how to handle some very specific issues that were currently going on in the business. He also told me that their father would never do something like this – go to a medium – he would never believe this. His brother and mother laughed and nodded in agreement.

Paul had a great sense of humour and kept everyone laughing all night, including his brother and mom. He ended the evening with such an upbeat and positive feeling that I am certain everyone there that night was on a high for days after.

Paul knew his brother and mom were suffering greatly and struggling to come to terms with his sudden and tragic passing. He also knew that they needed proof, especially his brother, to be able to believe that it was really him, and he did a great job of bringing through things that only they would have known. Paul also proved to them that night that he was, in no uncertain terms, alive and well and still carried with him the same great charm and sense of humour he had in his life. He also showed them that he was still around them by bringing through the things they asked him to, and by talking about things that had happened with their business that occurred after his passing.

The mother and brother gave me big hugs before they left that night and thanked me. And, about a week later, after they had time to really absorb it all, the mother wrote me a wonderful letter, thanking me again. I know that they will always miss Paul and be sad that he left them so early, but I also know that night changed their lives forever. That night changed the way they viewed his life and death, and his life after death. For they know now that he is indeed alive and well and never really far away, and all they have to do is think of him and he is there with them.

* * * * *

I wanted to back up the story you have all read here today. This story was about my mother and I. The man killed in the accident was Eric Hayes. I was truly shocked with events of the evening. Denise was right in saying that I was a skeptic about the whole thing and wanted to make sure my mother was ok. I did however leave there with a new found calmness in my heart and I think the evenings events erased years of potential therapy. I just wanted to thank you Denise! What you do really helps people in their time of need and I am honored that my story stuck out in your memory. I hope this story will give a breath of hope to others in their time of need!

Thanks again!

Jason Hayes

* * * * *

You can buy a signed copy of The Messenger at:


Here’s a link to the book on Amazon (.com and .co.uk, respectively):


And please follow Denise on Twitter, at: @DeniseLescano

There’s a load more information on Denise and what she does on her website, at:

31 comments:

  1. A very moving blogpost. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carine! She's a very talented woman. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes - but curious how this works for all those who don't have such happy endings? Those being butchered in Syria, or starving to death in Sudan or dirt poor and condemned to a life of slave labour in many places in the East? Why are such stories always about nice middle class people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it could be because, in those other scenarios you mention, people don't have the means, or the luxury of consulting a medium in the same way that this family was able to - in the same way that they don't have the means, or luxury of accessing the internet, just as you're doing now, in this relatively safe life you're experiencing.

      Delete
    2. Believe me, they're not. There are thousands of stories out there of the abused and disenfranchised who have spontaneous communication with the dead because they never heard of or had the money for mediums. Look at Allan Botkin's book too for some riveting stories of cures therapists facilitate by inducing afterdeath communication.

      Delete
  3. I wish my son could speak to me so clearly from the other side. I love hearing stories like this and knowing that there IS *the other side* and that our loved ones are still a part of our lives. Hopefully my son will make contact with me at some point. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story of hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so, Nicola. So sorry to hear that, though. :-(

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this a lot. The protagonist in one of my books is a psychic with a spirit guide. I may have to buy this book for reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn Holland14 March 2012 at 00:27

    What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this was very moving.. there have been a couple deaths near me and it brings peace to know they are still around.. I wouldn't say I am a skeptic but I am the type of person that is never sure unless I have an experience myself. Thank you for sharing this...

    Shauna
    Bipolar2happiness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful read. My grandmother has just passed and I would love to know how she is. A touching story for me to read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♥ ThankU Les ...
    What a great story ...
    God is good ...
    ~Special Blessings of Love2U ...
    ~Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are those who can and those that don't but we all have the ability, it's just not always obvious or easy to access. Denise is one of those lucky ones (or are they chosen)who can communicate naturally, something akin to the way the rest of us think. People with Denise's ability have been called gifted in the past but I like to think they are simply 'plugged in'.

    Did I say simply? What I meant was, because it's a natural ability in everyone, in Denise's case, she doesn't have to try too hard to communicate, she's hard-wired, but the rest of us have to try a lot harder and do it in a similar manner to WiFi. Firstly, we have to learn how to recognise our IP address; that is, learn to identify information aimed directly at us rather than that meant for others.

    Might I suggest initially that you have a shot at a little relaxing meditation and see where that takes you.

    Thank you Les for posting this piece and good luck Denise with your future; I'm sure it will be long, meaningful and abounding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post and so true. I think once you know where your IP address is, returning to it whenever you want is quite easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Through my tears I found a lovely truth behind this story...your loved ones never leave you if you just remember them. Denise, how special you are to bring their remembrance back to those who struggle with their loss. One day, I hope to visit you myself. One day....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is an amazing story. To anyone suffering from depression and thinking about ending it all, the knowledge that the soul goes on living should be enough to make them stop and contemplate a course of action other than suicide. I have always believed in the afterlife and this post just adds more proof to the pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently lost my best friend, then a few weeks later, my son. I was very depressed, feeling completely without hope. I did the unthinkable, I took an overdose of pills. Fortunately, I phoned someone to say goodbye & they called the police. I survived. I will never attempt suicide again, as I have come to realize that if I take my life, I will never see my loved ones again. I have felt my son's presence around me. I know he is here, watching out for me.

      Delete
    2. though suicide is a bad idea, it doesn't mean you will never see your loved ones again. Where did that nasty idea come from? If you cut your life short, you may just have to come back to do the same lesson again, but at a time of your choosing and after plenty of down-time with your friends. Read Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.
      I'm 'anonymous' here only because I can nevr work out how to do the others. madelineannstringer.blogspot.com

      Delete
  13. The post from the brother at the end gripped my heart. I had a medium (a friend, though I didn't know she did this until she reluctantly told me) finally say to me that all the times she visited me, I was surrounded by male protectives. Two in particular, my guardian angel who is a very strong force, almost like an ancient knight on a horse; a well known figure. But most profound for me, an ex-fience's father who had passed away from cancer. He shared with her something no one would know as it was a terrible event and secret I had kept from all but one friend now in France, and not in contact with my current circle of friends. He said that he was sorry and ashamed at what his son did and it helped my grief of my loss so much, though it is still profound. Knowing his wise soul knows and understands from the Beyond is a soft blanket over my grief. It is real.

    ReplyDelete
  14. With five significant others dying in the last five years I have, at times, been overwhelmed by a sense of loss and grief.

    A shiatzu therapist who healed with energy provided more comfort than most could provide through his inexplicable knowledge of my dead husband. He always said that Darryl was in the room and that he was seeking help for me.

    Since my husbands death five years ago my mother and mother and law died and then, late last year I learned that my eldest brother was dying of cancer. When I spoke to him before he died I actually asked him to let me know when he got to the other side.

    Within twenty four hours of Brian's passing I was sleeping in an arm chair. I woke with a start and as I work there was this incredible flash of what I can only describe as the light of an explosion filling the place. I leaped up to check the damage. I checked power points, went outside and checked the power sources and was amazed that no one else had heard the explosion or seen the flashes. I rang power providers but it soon became clear that there was nothing to fix.

    Then it hit me that Brian was letting me know. What a drama queen I thought. But then I visualized them all, on the other side, laughing with him telling him that he would have to do something pretty dramatic to capture my attention.

    Thanks for this article. It all remains a mystery to me but I can categorically say that the notion of our spirits living on provides incredible comfort. I can also confirm that those with a sense of humor do retain that wonderful spirit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have read the book and it is a great help and comfort to those who are suffering the loss of a loved one, as I am at present.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a wonderful story! Another great book, that I purchased after I lost my mother to cancer, is "Hello From Heaven" by Bill & Judy Guggenheim. If you've never read that one, I highly recommend it! (you can find it on Amazon) I'm an Oncology nurse, so I've given away many copies of that book and now do not have one of my own anymore. But the families I gave a copy to, needed it much more than I did at the time. I've no doubt that our loved ones try to stay in contact with us after they pass. It's just a matter of being able to recognize the signs of their communications.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a carer in a Nursing Home for the elderly, and am surrounded by death and dying all the time. I have no problems with death or the aftercare that we give prior to the Undertakers, but letting go is the difficult part for me. I take great comfort in the knowledge that my patients still pop in from time to time, and never really disappear forever.
    Every time we lose a patient, usually that night something strange happens - a picture literally jumping off the wall, a shelf collapsing in the office, the lift alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason..little things that make me smile, as I'm pretty sure it's someone letting us know they're still here :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a truly amazing story Denise. I often see things that is unexplainable to me and others i talk too. My great aunt is fortune teller and my mother often see and predicts things. My mother doesn't really read into it and puts it down to a feeling.

    I have heard people's voices but no one is there, I have seen unexplained things, I also feel energy that my wife doesn't and for one reason or the other it has stopped me buying a certain house. I don't claim to be anything like you and have never went to a medium.

    Maybe some day I will, all the best

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very toughing story - thanks for sharing... I have some experience of my own i.e. connecting w/spirits (not via medium)thus I was always somewhat agnostic about it thinking that I'm just "imagining" it - It was always difficult for me to share my experience, especially the OBE one. I just interpreted my experience as being a visitor here - thus I enjoy life to its fullest while it lasts b4 I expire and "appear" in a different disguise "somewhere" in an infinitive time-space continuum ... Well, I feel that you might enjoy to read "Many Lives, Many Masters" book by Brian L. Weiss, MD - The true story of a prominent psychiatrist - that changes both -his and his patient's lives...TY again...__/!\__, r

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Thank you for the share. I hope to read this book soon

    ReplyDelete